What is Microblading?
Microblading is a form of permanent makeup that provides an illusion of fuller eyebrows by creating simulated fine hair like strokes while depositing cosmetic pigments with a fine blade.
Does it hurt?
Service can be a little uncomfortable depending on your sensitivity levels but we will use a topical anesthetic during to help ease the sensitivity to make your experience more tolerable.
How long will it last?
Depending on each individual and their care it can last up to 6-12 months.
How long is the treatment?
The treatment itself may run from 2 to 2 and a half hours.
What are the tools utilized during the service?
A microblading tool used has a fine line of blades that create the hair like strokes for the pigment to be deposited. If receiving powder or shading we will use a small cosmetic tattoo gun or pen.
What should I expect from my treatment the first week?
During the first week your brows will appear darker. They will begin to itch during the healing process and they will scab and flake.
Are you using ink or pigment?
A natural vegan friendly pigment is used.
Will my brows look fake?
Your brows may look stronger in appearance of color and may appear a little fuller due to color but this will fade as the healing process continues.
When are touch ups?
Your first touch up after initial treatment will be 6-8 weeks after for microblading and for powder brows your touch up appointment is 8-12 weeks after. Depending on the skin a 3rd touch maybe needed for clients with skin that has less retention. An additional touch up fee of $150 will be added to this service.
Are touch ups necessary?
Yes! The perfection treatment is dependent on the clients skin structure and can be anywhere from the 6-8 week mark. Small adjustments on brow thickness, pigment adjustments and filling in where needed. There have been clients that did not require touchups at the 6-8 week mark and decided to go without.
Are there any pre-existing conditions that interfere with consideration of this treatment?
• On keloids or if you have tendency to keloid, birthmarks or moles.
• Diabetic (controlled ok with doctor’s note)
• Serious diseases such as cancer, epilepsy, autoimmune disorders (doctor's note is required)
• Circulatory disorders (doctor's note is required)
• Any bleeding disorders (doctor's note is required)
• You're taking blood thinning medication
• Currently on Accutane or other strong retinoids (must wait until 6 months after treatment ends)
• If any skin diseases symptoms or irritation appears on the area.
• You've recently had Botox or Dysport treatment (must wait 2-3 weeks)
• Old PMU
• You have a broken capillary in the eyebrows area
• If you have a sunburn.
• After waxing (must wait 3 days)
• After chemical peels (must wait two weeks)
What is scalp micro pigmentation?
SMP is a technique that is non invasive and non surgical that creates an illusion of hair follicles on the scalp. This creates fuller hair and more defined hairline.
Is there down time?
You will have some redness 24-48 hours after treatment.